In February 2021, the Golden LEAF Board of Directors adopted a long-term strategic plan to help address some of the economic challenges facing North Carolina. The goal of the strategic plan is to help Golden LEAF become more effective, efficient, and impactful in moving the economic needle in rural, economically distressed, and tobacco-dependent North Carolina communities.
The plan distilled the Board’s vision into these strategic priorities:
- To increase job creation and economic investment in rural, economically distressed, and tobacco-dependent communities
- To improve workforce preparedness in rural, economically distressed, and tobacco-dependent communities
- To increase the value of North Carolina’s agriculture industry
- To improve the competitiveness, capacity, and vitality of targeted communities
- To have, and be recognized for, excellence in organizational collaboration, innovation, and impact
As a result of the strategic plan, the Golden LEAF Board created new and expanded existing programs, enhanced the Golden LEAF Scholarship Program, and increased outreach to help strengthen North Carolina’s economy.
The Golden LEAF Board will review the plan annually and make adjustments accordingly.
Strategic Plan Updates
- All In NC with Scott T. Hamilton – September 2021 Edition
- All In NC with Scott T. Hamilton – June 2021 Edition
- All In NC with Scott T. Hamilton – February 2021 Edition
Learn about Golden LEAF’s Programs