For contractor(s) to help develop and to implement a Site Development Program for the Golden LEAF Foundation
RESPONSES DUE BY NOON, JULY 19, 2021
Request for Proposals and Scope of Work
Golden LEAF is seeking proposals from qualified organizations to work with Golden LEAF to finalize the Site Development Program and to provide technical assistance in the review of proposals. Development of all processes, requirements, guidelines, etc., will be completed in collaboration with Golden LEAF staff, and the Golden LEAF Board of Directors will make all decisions about the final program elements and funding of projects. Golden LEAF expects the role to include the following scope of work.
- Providing insight and feedback regarding program elements and assistance to Golden LEAF staff to develop the technical requirements of the program, including:
- the criteria to be assessed to determine sites that appear to be good candidates for economic development in the community, with sensitivity to what industrial development opportunities are likely in the community;
- the elements of due diligence that should be included to verify which sites are good candidates for development;
- a process for objective assessment of characteristics of sites to determine which are strong candidates for development and therefore also for funding for due diligence and for construction of infrastructure and similar costs.
- For recipients of funding for site identification, completing the work to identify the sites by developing or reviewing information such as industries likely to choose to locate in a community and the site requirements of those industries, GIS data, land ownership records, images of sites, etc.;
- For proposals seeking funding for due diligence or for development of a specific site, review and assessment of existing technical reports and information to determine what elements of due diligence for a site have been completed satisfactorily and which are still needed;
- For proposals seeking funding for due diligence or for development of a specific site, objective assessment of the attractiveness of the site for industrial development, which Golden LEAF will consider when comparing proposals for funding and making funding decisions;
- Undertaking additional or different activities to support the Site Development Program.
Complete proposals are due by NOON Eastern time on Monday, July 19, 2021.
Proposals must be submitted by e-mail in .pdf format to Ted Lord at [email protected]
Submission by mail, fax, or any method other than e-mail to the address above will not be accepted.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that Golden LEAF received the submission.
Inquiries concerning this RFP should be submitted to Ted Lord, Senior Vice President/Staff Attorney, by noon, Friday, July 16, 2021, at [email protected]
For the full RFP, click here.