North Carolina is home to a number of funding institutions supporting economic development and related strategies necessary for economic growth. As a result of Golden LEAF’s strategic plan, one of the five strategic priorities is to have, and be recognized for, excellence in organizational collaboration, innovation, and impact. To help address this goal, a spotlight on North Carolina funders will be included in the Golden LEAF Newsletter at the beginning of each month as a resource for our readers.
Located in Winston-Salem, Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation is working to improve the quality of life for all North Carolinians. Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation serves all 100 North Carolina counties.
Smith Reynolds Foundation’s focus areas for its All For NC Framework for Grantmaking and Learning aligns with its mission and core values to:
- Support a network of organizations that are working to affect change through a State-Level Systemic Change Strategy;
- Create more connections between people, places, organizations and sectors who are working to impact the communities in which they live through a Community-Based Strategy;
- Remain open to bold, unconventional or higher-risk ideas that have transformative potential through an Exploratory, Visionary Ideas Strategy.
Alongside these three main strategies, the Foundation also has expressed its commitment to:
- Augment its participation in its hometown of Winston-Salem/Forsyth County,
- Use a racial equity lens to underpin all of its work, and
- Continue to be a learning organization.
Smith Reynolds Foundation currently the following deadlines:
- Community Progress Fund – December 6, 2021 at noon
- ZSR Fellowship – January 4, 2022 at noon
Below is information for each of Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation’s current programs.
Program: Community Progress Fund
Sometimes, a local organization, idea, issue or project needs that extra boost at just the right time to continue to make progress toward an end goal. ZSR’s Community Progress Fund seeks to support local communities by making time-limited investments at key moments and is intended to build on existing momentum to help move an issue, idea or organization forward. Grant amounts range from $20,000-$30,000 per year for one or two years.
Contact: Darryl Childers, Program Officer, [email protected]
Deadline: December 6, 2021 at 12:00pm (noon)
Program: ZSR Fellowship
The ZSR Fellowship is a paid two-year fellowship for an individual with interests in philanthropy, public policy, community service, and/or the nonprofit sector. Eligible candidates must be natives or residents of North Carolina and/or graduates of an accredited North Carolina college or university.
Contact: Clare Bradshaw, ZSR, Fellow, [email protected]
Deadline: January 4, 2022 at 12:00pm (noon)
Link: ZSR Fellowship
To learn more about Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation, sign up for updates and announcements from the homepage website: www.zsr.org. In addition, ZSR regularly posts grant opportunities and other opportunities to our social media platforms, which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.