January 26, 2023
On Tuesday, January 24, the Golden LEAF Foundation reopened the Pre-Application portal for the Food Distribution Assistance Program. This is the final opportunity for organizations to submit a Pre-Application.
All submissions must be received no later than noon on Tuesday, February 7, 2023.
The Pre-Application is a required first step for all organizations interested in seeking funding in the Food Distribution Assistance Program. Please visit our website to download the guidelines and begin to gather the required elements for the Pre-Application.
Organizations must complete the Pre-Application to be eligible to move to the next stage.
The N.C. General Assembly appropriated $10 million to Golden LEAF for the Food Distribution Assistance Program. This program is funded by federal State Fiscal Recovery Funds through the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
Funds for the Food Distribution Assistance Program may be used for the following:
- Awards to nonprofit organizations to help them become eligible to be partner agencies of North Carolina food banks
- Awards to current nonprofit partner agencies of North Carolina food banks to enhance or expand food distribution capacity
- Awards to nonprofit organizations to establish, enhance, or expand school-based weekend food assistance programs
Please review the resources linked below to learn more about the process.
- Click here to access the Pre-Application guidelines.
- Once you have reviewed the guidelines, request access to the Pre-Application submission form at this link.
- Watch the walkthrough video for helpful tips and information.
- Watch the recording of the Pre-Application Webinar which was held on Monday, January 23.
- All information regarding the program can be found here at the Food Distribution Assistance Program page of the Golden LEAF website.
Only charitable nonprofit organizations based in North Carolina are eligible to apply for this grant program.
For more information, visit https://goldenleaffoun.wpengine.com/food-distribution/.